Our instructor led sexual harassment onsite training is educational, effective and fun. Our clients call us to do their training year after year. For now, we can share with you the ten primary reasons why Train Me Today’s sexual harassment live trainings are one of the most highly respected and widely used by California companies.
Our team of sexual harassment onsite trainers possess an unparalleled combination of training and experience with the ability to train both employees and supervisors. In particular, our team of trainers specialize in the ability to train your company’s supervisors and managers in the following nine crucial areas of sexual harassment prevention:
California Government Code section 12950.1 requires all California employers with 50 or more employees or independent contractors to provide two hours of “classroom or other effective interactive sexual harassment training and education” to each California-based supervisory employee every two years. California Government Code section 12940(k) requires all California employers with one or more employees to take “all reasonable steps necessary to prevent discrimination and harassment from occurring".
Sexual Harassment Training
HR COACH LLC DBA TRAIN ME TODAY
While employers may direct their supervisors to fulfill this requirement by online training, there are compelling reasons why a live, in-person session for all of a company’s supervisors is the better choice. These include:
1. Immediate Question and Answer Sessions. In live training, questions can be addressed immediately and fully to the asker’s complete satisfaction.
2. Interaction with Trainer and Participants. Live training allows for direct interaction with the trainer and a company’s entire team of supervisor-participants. By listening to others’ questions and comments, attendees will gain further insight into the material and thus their responsibilities when later responding to an actual complaint. It is not uncommon that a confusion expressed by one supervisor is shared by many. Clearing up one person’s misconception in a live session thus benefits the entire management structure and the company overall.
3. Employees Pay Closer Attention. Live training motivates participants to pay attention throughout the training. Knowing one could be called upon at any time for his or her understanding of the material usually incentivizes each individual to listen carefully throughout the training session. Again, the whole management team thus benefits.
4. It’s More Fun. An experienced live trainer can build camaraderie, encourage productive and appropriate discussion, and increase morale. Online computer curricula are widely believed to lack the irony and comedic timing that can make potentially dry, but vitally important material memorable.
5. Role-Playing Opportunities. With a live session’s interactive segment, managers will put the training to practical application immediately in a way not possible with online training.
6. Updated Material, with Proper Emphases. High quality live training will provide up-to-the-minute changes in a legal area that is constantly changing. An experienced trainer will appropriately emphasize the most vital data supervisors must know, with illustrations to demonstrate real-life consequences. The value of bringing the material home to busy supervisors in this manner could well be incalculable.
7. Customized Areas of Training. An experienced live-session trainer can also provide requested custom training on other discrimination- or harassment-related topics beyond the standard sex- and gender-oriented curricula. Live training also enables sessions customized for managers and others customized for non-managerial employees.
8. Training Can Be Tailored to Meet the Group’s Needs. Some supervisors may have not received prior harassment training. Others may have received many prior training sessions. By surveying the attendees in advance, a qualified live trainer can ensure the material is presented in a way that is neither too elementary nor too complex. In a mixed group of experienced and non-experienced trainees, the experienced instructor can blend both basic and applied material so that all are serviced.
9. Preventative Measures Emphasized. Employment claims continue to escalate and, when successful, can result in eyebrow- or even hair-raising awards. Live training can more effectively impart steps to prevent harassment from occurring as well as drive home the deleterious results that can occur by mishandling or ignoring complaints. Based on participatory remarks during the live training, a company’s senior management may also become aware of problem areas or attitudes that it needs to rectify.
10. Live Training Confirms the Company’s Commitment to Effectively Address and Prevent Improper Conduct. By having a qualified attorney conduct live training within the deadlines set by law, a company is documenting that it does not and will not tolerate or condone unlawful workplace harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
Train Me Today provides this California-mandated anti-harassment, -discrimination, and -retaliation training and education. We are able to deliver our live interactive sexual harassment prevention class in English and Spanish.